Hair transplant is the preferred method for hair loss treatment to get rid of your baldness. And if you don’t have enough hair to make a good hairstyle, it may down your personality. Before hair transplantation, a question arises in mind that how much does a hair transplant costs? well, average cost of hair transplant varies with few factors. and hair transplant costs $3,000 to $14,000.
What is Hair Transplant or Hair Restoration
A hair transplant, hair implantation or hair restoration restores your hair from the scalp by new follicles. New and healthy follicles are taken from the backside of the head or any other part of the body. It is being done by removing follicles individually or a strip of skin with hair. The size of skin strip or no of individual follicles depends on the size of the targeted area. Usually, a normal hair transplant involves 1,000 to 3,000 grafts.
The hair products that claim to stop hair fall, most of them are not that effective. So, the best way to stop your hair fall and increase your hair in a certain area is with a hair transplant treatment.
How Much Does A Hair Transplant Cost?
When you think to fix your baldness 1st question that arises in your mind is “how much does a hair transplant cost” so the cost of hair transplant depends on few factors mentioned below.
- Where you live: the cost of hair transplant depends on location, typically the average cost of hair transplant ranges from $3,000 to $14,000.
- Type of technique you chose: There are two types of hair transplant techniques, the 1st one is Follicular unit transfer (FUT), in this hair is transplanted with hair group that is called follicular unit containing 1 to 4 hair. A follicular unit contains all the ingredients to grow hair like nerves, a small muscle and gland or oil. In the meanwhile, note that hair is always in groups containing 1-4 strands, These groups are called Follicular.
- Fue hair transplant cost: in FUE, every individual follicular unit is removed one by one. It takes more time as compared to FUT. If you want short hair after treatment, then this is the best technique for you.
- Experience of your surgeon: Common sense is a sense which is not common in every common man. Yes, If your surgeon is one of the best surgeons in your region, you may need to pay more. Sometimes, surgeons charge hair transplant cost per graft.
- The size of targeted area: usually, surgeons charge according to the size of your scalp and no of follicular. So, if you have a large area to recover you need to pay more and if you have a small area to treat, then there will be less amount to pay.
Recovery cost of hair transplant
This is not about the hair replacement cost only, there some other recovery costs that you should consider.
- After immediate recovery cost of pain medication
- To reduce swelling cost of anti-inflammatory medications.
- To reduce the risk of infection cost of antibiotics.
How long does a hair transplant procedure take?
Hair transplant surgery takes 4 to 6 hours of process to complete. Hair restoration surgery is performed under local anesthesia and sedation. FUE needle tip with a diameter of between 0.6 to 0.8 meter is used and small grafts are collected. Grafts are stored in a special cooled solution through the surgery. Then an implanter pen is used for a dense transplantation.